Sunday, February 6, 2011

Healthy Again!

So I was rather sick last week. I visited the doctor three times, and missed classes for a week. It was tough. I had my first experience with homesickness while in Spain, and it hit me hard. I would even dream about my mom taking care of me back home! But don´t worry, "no te preocupes" now I´m healthy! This past week I went to all my classes and no matter how boring a couple of them were, I was just so incredibly thankful to be with my classmates learning something!!! It´s so easy to take advantage of good health, but this week I couldn´t have felt more thankful! I took things slowly, not adding too many activities onto my schedule, making sure I slept a lot for fear of getting sick again! But this weekend was probably the best weekend so far in Santiago. Yesterday I went to a market with my friend from Loras, Alice. We saw every type of creature living in the sea, plus tons of pig and cattle meat/whatever you call it, plus billions of fresh veggies and fruits! There was also a little bit of jewelry and knick-knacks. Later Saturday afternoon I played soccer outside with my fellow teammate at Loras, Tonya! It was so sunny this weekend! I wore shorts and a t-shirt, what a difference from the BLIZZASTER of the century in Iowa! Today I went on a hike with four other girls from my class. We ended up climbing up a big hill/mountain/elevated land. It was really beautiful and it was really cool to venture out and then look back on this beautiful view of the city. Tonight is the superbowl but I have no interest in watching it. I hope the packers win, but that´s only because my family and friends are rooting for them. Some of my classmates found a bar that will be playing the game on tv at like 12:30am this morning so they´ll be enjoying that. I honestly have to say, I find no joy in watching American football. The only part I like about the sport is going to Iowa Hawkeye games and cheering in the crowd with thousands of other die-hard hawk fans! Sorry America, I prefer the real game of football/fútbol....and it´s everywhere here!!!!!! :)

So here are some pictures from my adventures this weekend. The first is a video at the top of the hill/mountain/wherever we were. Yes, I´m dissappointed in myself for not knowing the name.
(Sorry the video is so loud, it was very windy at the top. The picture is a little stop and go-ish, I´m still trying to figure out how exactly to use it)












No comments:

Post a Comment